PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headsets
Thread: Headsets
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2006, 19:44
L'WAAPAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S76 Headset's

Hi All,

About to start a new job flying S76's and need to buy a nice new headset as i have been using helmets up till now.

Firstly, are all 76's Low Impedance or do they vary across the fleet, also same question with the jack plugs are they US or UK NATO or other??

Secondly, For those who are flying/have flown the 76, do ANR headsets work well? do they interfere with the other guys headset? does the other pilot req ANR as well? Can you hear all you would like to hear? Do you need to go ANR or stay passive?

Thirdly, Do you recommend a particular type/manufacturer of headset. Just looked through past threads and it seems the BOSE headsets are a tad fragile but are great when working, The DC headsets are robust work well but weigh alot. Any other makes people have used?

Does anyone have experience with the DC's? I saw one that was switchable from low/high impedance. Is this standard/optional/after market.

Any advice, thoughts, reccommendations would be appreciated before I go and commit a load of wonga!!!!

Cheers

L'