PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2006, 14:51
Faire d'income
I call you back

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Faire d'income

"Those looking for a smoking gun must remember that the source was 2 inexperienced cabin crew. There were times in the documentary when I felt they were close to something but didn't realise it and let the opportunity pass."

Really, just didn't quite find it eh? Well that's about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

"The slide was a major issue. If pilots come on here and tell me that it would be left unserviceable on other carriers they should contact Chirp or their Dept for Transport."

If the captain had been informed and if it had been unserviceable and if the captain ignored it then maybe you would have something to shout about. I would guess this is not the first time in aviation history cabin crew did not pass on information they should have.
If the captain had been informed and if it had been unserviceable
If you watched carefully based on what the two crew said it was u/s. It was difficult to know whether or not the captain was informed.

This is exactly what I was talking about.
*If the journalist knew more about the industry she should have dug in on this issue and may have found a real scandal.
*If the two cabin crew were competent professionals in a real airline they would both have informed the captain.
*If the captain knew a slide was u/s and subsequently departed without writing it up and following the relevent procedures he should be fired and criminally charged.

All ifs. All as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike. If only she pressed harder.