PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2006, 13:12
Leo Hairy-Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Always Target Sloppy Education.

Those are quite significant issues, even if nobody is talking much about them. After all pilots have legal responsibilities and a duty of care to think about.
Errr, I agree. Why didn’t this man consider opening the bar(s) on his authority, against much folded arm objections from the Channel 4 cabin staff, no doubt? Why not feed and water the customers in conditions of extremis? He could have instructed all but alcoholic items were available for sale, at customer expense, of course. Would he have received a rocket for it? Probably yes (small calibre, low powered). Would I do so in similar circumstances? Yes, of course, but I'd close the aircraft doors so that, by international convention, all and everything occurring on board is my responsibility, and mine alone. A curious distinction, whether doors open or closed, but an important one seemingly. Ignoring duty of care for a moment, what about compassion for one’s fellow man?

Funny how, after 5 months muck gathering, that this particular man is chosen to represent the face of Ryanair command. Unrepresentative, unfairly presented, sensationalist tabloid bollix, in other words.

As for the "demoted for refusing to fly fatigued" codswallop, it simply isn't true. The Dublin captain in question couldn't be bothered, and sought to justify his recalcitrance after the fact by falsely claiming fatigue. Its as simple, and as scurrilous, as that.