PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2006, 10:16
brownstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jonty

I think that your post is put into perspective by your reference to ' an atco clocked them doing 75 on a taxiway........think about how fast 75 is. The aircraft internal monitoring systems would pick this up and it would be flagged up and traced back to the crew responsible, who would then be sacked!.If you are a pilot, something that i am not sure of for a hot head like yourself has no place on a flight deck, then you would know how fast 75 would look, being very close to the transition between low and high energy stopping. Trying to taxi at 75 on a standard taxiway would be very difficult. I can only conclude that you are talking out of your backside.
I do believe that this program served to show problems that are industry wide, ID's not being issued because the police are overwhelmed with the check's( this is the case in many industries where security pass checks are required to be issued via the disclosure scotland people).
Things that are unacceptable are checks not being properly carried out on the aircraft, this would be symptomatic of cronic fatigue and contempt through repitition, ( your average cabin crew performing probably in excess of 90 of these per month every month) the misconception that the flight deck are hurrying them to do the checks overly quickly ( the checks take as long as they take, the flight crew accept this , the cabin crew should tell the flight crew when they are ready.
Anyway i am getting off the original subject of my post which was to inform jonty that he speaks the worst kind of bottom gravy.