PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2006, 09:51
potkettleblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As regards the non-checking of ID, I think the same can happen with all airlines. I flew with BMI over the weekend, Dublin to London. At Dublin my ID was not checked at all. I checked in online and had to exchange my home printed boarding card for an official one at the check in desk. The girl at check in did not ask for any ID. At Heathrow I checked in at the automated check in machine. On boarding the flight the hostess didn't even examine my driving licence which I had in my hand.
You must have read my mind. Same thing happens regularly with me when flying LHR-DUB on BMI.
Can't help but think that Ryanair gave C4 a heads up about the filming in the air issue in one of their letters. It was quite comical to hear C4 quote that under CAA rules...prohibited from filming in the air..blah blah.Yeah right. Maybe The Sun can get access to the editing studio and get hold of the film on the cutting room floor.
Its funny how the undercover reporters were so concerned with the safety breaches that they chose not to report them directly to the captain. Perhaps they don't value their lives or maybe there wasn't anything to report as Ryanair states? Who knows...