PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Got an email from HR - what does it mean?
Old 14th Feb 2006, 13:29
Lear70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got an email from HR - what does it mean?

Hello again,

I applied to CX 8 months ago via USPS Mail... didn't hear from them for MONTHS so a few people on here were nice enough to give me some contact numbers, thanks!

Came to find out they never received the application. So I took the copy I had retained and faxed it over last month. It's been about 30 days and I finally received an email back that says:

This is to confirm that we have received your completed application form which will be kept on file.

You will note that the enclosed Application Update Form is personalised by a Personal Reference Number (PRN) which is quoted on the top of this document and is therefore for your use only. You should not pass copies to other applicants. Please quote your PRN in future correspondence with Cathay Pacific.

A further Application Update Form of two (2) pages has been included so that you may provide us with updates approximately every six months, or at any time there has been a significant change to your situation. The Application Update Form should indicate your total current experience and flight hours. You should make A4 size copies of both pages of this form for future use. Updates in any other format cannot be accepted.

Thank you for your continued interest in Cathay Pacific Airways.

Yours sincerely,

Flight Crew Recruitment Group
I know it's better than the dreaded form letter saying, "... we have found applicants that better suit our needs..." (a friend of mine got that one), but does this mean I shouldn't expect an interview offer anytime soon and to update once every six months or have some of you received this email and then received an interview offer a short time later?

Thanks,