PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hey...need advice on FI course
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2006, 07:52
Craggenmore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
er...why not try the Instructors Forum for these types of questions? You'll get a far better response. There are also lots of useful threads within the Instructors forum about UK vs US with current CFI inputs that you can read if you use the search function.

If you do go to a school that is not local then choose carefully. Certain UK FI Instructors carry a reputation where if you trained under them, then schools know the product that they are getting. A great FI Instructor can help you get the job even before interview due to their reputation within the small circle of flight instruction.

From my own knowledge and having reads these kinds of threads before I was a FI (on the Instructors Forum!) you might like to check out Goodwood FS and Old Sarum FS as you hail from the South. There are others of course but these Southern schools immediately spring to mind, (I dont know anything about Northern schools )

Personally, if you want to instruct here then I would train here. You only go to local areas BUT, as the other poster said, you will meet prospective students and get to know the club and get known around the club! That can mean you hit the ground running with a crop of students after passing rather than only having a drip feed of students to start with. Time most certainly will drag if that happens, plus you won't fly as much, therefore you won't earn as much.

Plan well