PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER
Thread: MANCHESTER
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 19:57
Momentary Lapse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Bagso.

To be fair to the shareholders there are now fewer tripesellers and some proper non exec directors from other real world companies, but they only came as a condition of the banks that were lending MAPLC all the money to buy EMA and BOH. They said if you're spending all our money we want a competent Board. Who can blame them?

Trouble is too many decisions now are purely financial, particularly Geoff's stop-startism. You can't run a long term infrastructure heavy business with such short term planning. Pah! Planning? Guesswork more like. Knee jerk reactionism.

BTW - Geoff recruited Spooner in 2001. Given the positive work he has done, to sack him for this mistake (ie not delivering the Board's pie-in-the-sky target) reflects badly on Geoff doesn't it? Despite the fact that Spooner did a better job than Geoff ever could. And not forgetting that all the main figures are up on last year, not down. Just not up enough. I bet Geoff still gets his customary massive pay rise though, so all's well in cloud cuckoo land.

Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...