PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER
Thread: MANCHESTER
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 18:28
VHF FLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These are interesting times to say the least.
My only interest in this is that my business relies on Manchester Airport. I'm in no way connected to the airport or aviation business but I need the flights to get me and my people to where we need to be - otherwise we'll have to relocate to London.
I can't help but agree with some of the comments made - I suspect that Mr Spooner (if he has gone? - rumour) has been made the scapegoat for some historic poor decisions - the man who made them still sits immune (or got promoted before he got found out). However, the decision to build Runway 2 was a brave and foresighted one - one our children will thank us for.
Some really tough strategic decisions will need to be taken over the next couple of years - Terminal 1 will need to be replaced in the next 10 years and in doing so, sort out the mess of an apron layout that causes the congestion that will only get worse.
How is that going to be funded?
And this against a backdrop of downward pressure on costs and margins.
I have to say the previously unthinkable will have to be thunk....to sell it off!!
And in terms of routes - EasyJet pplleeease! lot's of people I know are just waiting for EasyJet into Manch.