PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 13th Feb 2006, 16:12
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FA, sorry missed your earlier question. I'm in Australia.

Cannard, sorry to hear it didn't work for you. Keep at it though, persistence pays off!!

Bymon, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the laws a little more 'relaxed' for expats (wrt *ahem* 'bedroom activities') i.e. they look the other way as long as it isn't blatantly flaunted in public... unless of course you end up the duff like that EK hostie who allegedly went to prison...

I guess the rule is, use discretion, and if in doubt... "when in Rome!!" and don;t run crying to mummy if you break a law saying 'but I didn't know!!' at least read up on the local not-to-do list...

back on topic... while it's sad that people getdiscriminated against on the basis of sexuality, the reality is there are a large percentage of gay men in the industry, unfortunately for some they just get the recruiter/airline/policy that has a narrow view of this... I'm guessing too that recruiters being human make assumptions and many a straight male has been refused because they 'look' gay... imho if you can do the job and have the skills then you deserve the job above those who don't... then again we all know how EK work... they can pick and choose....

But... having said that.... if it is what you want then don't stop trying!! You never know what reason was for not getting in... maybe somehting totally different!!

Anyway good luck to ALL the guys n gals hoping for EK....!

I guess that's enough from me; sorry if not making sense, posting while (slightly) p!ssed