PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MT RANT
Thread: MT RANT
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 14:05
jobsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can’t believe that I am replying to this thread but….

Just because a person who holds a commission, it does not mean that he/she has a better education than that of a person who does not hold a commission. I recently met a young chap who had joined the police with a degree and master’s degree in engineering. He did do well at school and by all accounts is a very smart and able person who would probably be looked down upon by the sharp flying end of a military arm.

If the rule is that you clean the vehicle after use, then you clean the vehicle after use. If you are unable to do such a task then I would worry if you were to be in command of an aircraft. If this order is deemed to be incorrect, do something about it, use your initiative and fix the problem, not just baulk at it being not right for you.

It’s a shame to see this attitude is still prevalent and only tarnishes the fond memories I have of being in the service. I would like to point out that the people likely to achieve this side of the fence are the smart ambitious individuals that are capable of getting stuck in and completing a task regardless of its nature.

The NAFFI Bar is a good laugh, well worth a look.