PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlantique Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 12:34
Boingy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fantastic Opportunity

I am attending an interview with Highland Airways, on Wednesday 15th February, (part of Air Atlantique) for the sponsorship scheme, if you have the minimum requirements you would be barmy not to apply.

In an industry where it is routine to have £60-100K debt the idea of having my training paid for, then being employed for a minimum of 4 years building up a few thousand hours of twin time it is a rare opportunity that cannot be turned down.

By applying what do you have to lose? If you are starting with nothing, applying for something - how can you be any worse off?

Air Atlantique, I believe, only run the schemes when they have a need for it. The last intake was in December. If you apply now your details are held for the next intake.

I begrudge (maybe too harsh...) the people who are doing intergrated courses and finishing with 250 hours, jumping into the right hand seat as FO. Not because of jealousy, but are they actually getting the thrill of real hands on flying. Ultimately, an airline job is the goal. But real hands on, seat of the pants flying is where the enjoyment is. I'm too young to become a bus driver yet...