PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus goes A330 ... again.
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 11:26
akerosid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SFO seems to be the only potential new city most people agree on; I've seen a lot of discussion on this, not all well informed (on A.net), but the general view is that SFO is definitely No1, then PHL (notwithstanding US Airways), MIA or DFW and BWI/IAD.

I tend to think the next after SFO will either be MIA or DFW, with a deal being done between EI and AA, so each will take one and codeshare; both can benefit from this. Despite the decision of AA to operate on ORD-DUB and BOS-SNN, I think the airlines do have a reasonably good working r'ship.

One question I have is whether EI can still operate to MCO or BWI under the same terms it did previously, or would it have to choose either (or both) of these as being part of its choice of 3 new gateways? This really only applies to next year. From 2008, it's a free for all (yipp ...)

If EI is looking to make SFO a daily route, presumably this is the route on which it intends to operate the 333X; wouldn't it need to be looking at a slight advance on one 333X? Can we expect to see a few more - either directly or through leasing companies - over the next few months?