PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 12th Feb 2006, 23:12
cannard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sydney open day... what a mess!

the venue was nicer than the sheraton (at least for space for wannabe crew)
but the execution was a shambles. they let one person in at a time to submit their cv, and do a quick reach test (some people may have gotten a hello), that was it. once the room was full, they told us to come back at 12.
I heard a lot of people inside complaining about how short the process was. but I guess it was based on how presentable you were? im not sure. The always happy and joking recruitment super-intendant Venya (sp?) actually remembered me from the december open day, which while i thought that would be disasterous. maybe worked out better? the whole process was quite quick, much different from day 2

10PM SHARP. thats what they said. so at about 10:45 they let us in, give us numbers then split us up. 1st group work consisted of simple introduction and say some crap about yourself. then a brief group discussion. They then said come back in half an hour. 1 and a half hours later, we get the results. and give us new smaller groups, and another extremely long wait :P I thought i made a mess of this one, as i dont think i said anything at all, maybe just on small suggestion, and someone fingered me for not saying anything (im sure they were trying to help, but it came out wrong) so i said something nice about the ideas already in the open (which was true, they said everything i could think of!). They let us sweat for a huge amount of time! maybe 2 hours? made worse cause i was hung over from the night before. then we got our results, and another wait!! yep, they work on your patience training right from the get go. in thier defence, i will say it wasnt thier fault so much as it was only the two of them. and they said there was a much larger number of successful candidates then they had anticipated.

So, to wrap it up. 2x 10 minute group discussions + a 1 hour psychometric test. and the small information gathering interview at the end for visa purposes went from about 10am till maybe 9pm when i left, with 6 people left to go.

26 people made it through to the final stage. they had to stay for thursday as well, just to pencil us all in. 6 guys and 4 of them were gay (those guys were cool, funny and well deserving of the job.) once again, met some awesome people, though i didnt do as well as i hoped

oh and funniest thing of the day, Christini (the other recuiter, strangest accent i have ever heard, but quite attractive i thought) was handing out the interview letters, but there was a girl missing. this girl must of read her results letter wrong, had left in tears, ON HER BIRTHDAY!!!, but they finally got in contact with her and told her the good news, we could all hear her screaming in joy through the tiny phone speaker. happy birthday to you rima

sorry for a long, badly arranged and possibly poorly spelt post. Im not worried about the punctuation as its the internet and i dont care.

enjoy!

C