PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in the USA (incl Florida!)
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2006, 23:11
Irish Expat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JEREZ

Originally Posted by king rooney
V2, im assuning one of the reasons why you wanna go to the us is because the ppl can be done a lot quicker than in the uk, due to the weather.
Have you thought about doing it in spain, which has the same advantage?

A number of flight schools offer a 3-4 wk PPL with British instructors, such as
www.fly-in-spain.com, down at Jerez.
The training cost I think comes out at about a grand more than places like OFT and Naples, but once you factor in US flights ((around £300) and visa charges ($337 for the visa plus $180 for registering with the alien flight student programme) it might not be too much of a difference.
Plus in europe u will get more experience of flying in controled airspace, of which there is not a great deal of in Florida. A lot of people say that someone who gets their PPL in the US is advised to take a couple of hours of instruction when they get back to the uk to get used to the difference.
Am out there myself in a week or so to do quick PPL with Fly in spain, will put my thoughts about it on pprune when im done.
Cheers for that King Rooney, never thought about that, was looking into NAC but indeed you are right, at the end of the day you will probably pay the same. And it must be a godd school, Aer Lingus and I think BA used to send there ab-initios there, Can I PM you for some more info.
IE