PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Jet International
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2006, 17:34
cfimei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So LukeSkyToddler you're an airline captain now? Then why did you say in an earlier post:

"...before it got too expensive for us to keep up with the rich kids and we had to go work as supermarket shelf stackers or something..."

What do you mean by too expensive? If you've got a flying job how can it be too expensive for you?

Secondly you ask me to keep the topic sensible but again from your earlier post you stated to Jamvr8:

"I really hope you end up somewhere ....ing cold, old lonely and penniless, in some drab grey state funded retirement home, with a good 20 or 30 years of old age to think about what a short sighted stupid loser you were."

That vitriolic outburst targetted to an individual certainly doesn't add anything constructive to this discussion.

Yes, I am paying for my type rating and yes I will be paying for some FO line experience with Eagle Jet, probably in the far east. Why? Because I've saved hard to do it and until the airlines decide it's not economic or safe for them to continue these programs there's very little that people like you can do to stop it. I suggest if you have a complaint you take it up with the airlines and stop having a go at us who want to be sitting where u are. I love to fly, it has been and always will be my passion in life. I don't particularly care if I'm earning 40k a year or 200k - it'll certainly pay more than stocking shelves in a supermarket and so what if you have to work long hours? We're all working longer hours for less pay no matter what the job is. This is all about the politics of greed and selfishness - I want everything yet I don't want to work that hard for it.

And in response to A320Rider - the EU may limit Eagle Jet's operation in Europe but so what? European aviation is drowing in regulations anyway. Partly one reason why it costs so much to get trained in the first place and do the accident statistics show a JAA license make a pilot any safer than our FAA counterparts? But that opens up another can of worms!

Last edited by cfimei; 12th Feb 2006 at 17:48.