PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help....any Australian Helicopter pilots here?
Old 16th Feb 2002, 02:33
HelosRfun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Randy_G

Roger on the chopperlite from a diff. forum. After viewing the tax rate, I believe I'll stick with Canada this next season. The place, Queensland, sounds great, but by the time I figure in the tax + conversion from u.s. $ to aussie $, I'm looking at making maybe .25 cents on the dollar. Can't afford to work there! At least in Canada, even though your $ sucks at .62 cents, they make up for it on pay, so it averages out rather nicely. Not as good as u.s. or elsewhere, but definetly better than what this particular job in Aussie has to offer. It's a shame gov's. are so damn greedy. Take a look at the tax structure, it penalizes the "go-getters". The harder you work, the more you pay. . .I had a couple of jobs lined up in NZ also, but the gov. structure combined with their taxes dissuaded me rather quickly. Again, a real shame as it is a very beautiful country.. .The only positive I could see in the Aussie job is adding another license to my bag-o-tricks. Can't say I really need that in exchange for all the negatives.