PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low hour flying jobs in Africa
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2006, 16:14
STRANGELYBROWN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i worked in maun, botswanna. it took 3 months to get the job and a lot of miles. if you want to work you must visit the offices. i visited windhoek and swakop also, would have loved a job in windhoek but not in swakop.

the majority of recruiting takes place just after xmas. face fitting in and being in the right place at the right time counts for everything so go now and if they like you and there is space you're in. i got my job in april.

you will not die if you stick to the bigger operators who deal with tourists, your pax are paying loads of money and expect good aircraft.

my advice is just go and do it, it takes balls but ''sorry for that'' quite a few guys out there all year round in the same boat as you will be in, also loads of backpackers to meet who just want a good time(use very strong protection this is the home of aids). you will have a great holiday even if you have no luck with the job.

sb

ps by the way, on the back of the experience i got out there i started with an airline 2 months after i got back.