PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER
Thread: MANCHESTER
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2006, 11:01
Scottie Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't always agree with what you have to say Adola69, but on this occasion I support your comments whole-heartedly.

Whilst I appreciate that, from a management perspective, there will always be a chicken-and-egg situation when it comes to development (will we won't we) there appears to have been too long a period when certain work has beome overdue.

The classic example is the nightmare that has existed for so long with the taxiway around the end of pier C. We all realise that something has need to be done on a permenant basis to make this a dual taxiway, rather than the bottleneck that it is at the moment and yet the airport has refused to put it's money into the project.

I am sure that there are those who will say that 'because I work outside of the airport and direct industry, I do not know what I am talking about', and that is possibly true; however I do keep my ear to the ground and listen to what is going on and I am sure that the general consensus is that the airport's upper echelon has lost the plot.

By the way, I have also heard the same with regards to Air China and MNG - at least, as yoiu say, cargo seem to be doing ok.

Scottie Dog