PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible Medical Problems
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2006, 11:18
qcode

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope I am wrong in saying this and I wish you all the best, but I do not think that, owing to your condition, that you will be accepted. ATCO's need to use both arms and could not possibly function with only the use of one at certain units. Smaller and quieter units you may well be able to. There are also other factors to consider such as evacuation of a tower in emergencies. Could you climb down a vertical ladder to escape. Could you drive the emergency land rover and use a hand held radio at the same time. These are a couple of things that NATS will have to consider and it will be a tester for them. If you do get through the tests, interview and medical then the hardest thing will be the practical side of the job. I'm sure with your condition you have had many challenges and overcome them. I hope you will be able to overcome, if successful,the ATCO ones. Unfortunately it is the decision for NATS to make and once it is made it is hard to appeal. If you remember recently some poor chap was refused because he was too tall, he appealed but got nowhere. Good luck.