PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collision Risks?
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2006, 06:59
shortstripper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
booke23,

With all due respect, I have re-read your original post and whilst you don't specifically refer to non transponder/radio aircraft, you certainly wrote it in a way that came across as all encompassing. To add to this, you flamed Monocock when he pointed this out and took the mickey out of your stating of a few obvious facts ... as if we don't all know that a middair will most likely result in death How do you turn such a post as his into the assumption that he is reckless and irresponsible? OK, if you are transponder equipped, and have a radio, then sure, turn them on, keep a listening watch and perhaps let people know you're about. Nothing in Mono's (or anyone else's) post suggested otherwise? Ithink you (and Jo Cover) seem to have missed the point that most are making; that is, that these things will not gaurantee your safety!

The time I personally worry the most about a middair is the 2000' overhead join. Here I may well be known to ATC and others, but have often been there, knowing there are three of four others joining, and I can't see one!

SS