PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accidents in NZ - too frequent?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2006, 21:59
GOATRIDER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hautney1- yep I agree with you- its all good stuff mate. I think that you are quite right. As far as Europe goes I cant comment on that. I also think that egos play a very big part too in this industry. Have you heard of the old "swiss cheese formula" where if three of the holes line up you're going to have a bang. Its quite interesting how there are almost always three things that lead to an accident not withstanding luck which can go either way. the aviation culture where I am is great as we operate under a memorandum of understanding. We also have the added benefit of alot of experience down here too to fall back on. Yes you're right about SOME of the helicopter operators- yes they are shocking...both in maintenance and flying. I often wonder if some of them still think they are in the venison industry, however thats a bygone era- been there done that...anything and any comments that can lead to a safer environment must be worth their weight in gold. The moment you stop learning irrespective of experience is the moment you end up in an old pine box. Cheers for your input.

G. RIDER- CZAR52