PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - thanks
Thread: thanks
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2006, 20:28
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fly babe
Although it may seem harmless to try to be witty when reading the Safety Demo, I guarantee the CAA (and the airline's) take a VERY dim view of it. The airline I work for encourage us to use our personality and humour on the PA but catergorically forbid us from making the Safety Demo "funny". I bet BA management would like to hear what this 'lady purser' had to say.
I have to give this one a big thumbs up -

Firstly, the substance of the demo wasn't changed. The information required to be provided was given to the passengers in full. The fact also remains that regardless of what the actual safety briefing text says, the whistle really is there to attract the attention of passing sailors - whether they be RNLI or from some fishing trawler out catching Carp (please, don't give me a lesson on the habitats of Carp!).

Sad fact of the matter is that people seldom listen to or pay attention to the safety demos and as long as the correct instructions are given as to how to use safety equipment properly, comments like this Purser's are really entirely harmless.