PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Orientatoin Training
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2006, 18:06
bafanguy

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Eye off the ball
bafanguy,
you tw*t. AOT is an interview + recruitment prep company to get you the job in the first place.
You seem to be suggesting that an airline, after recruiting you, will sit you down and tell you how to get the job (which they've just given you!!!!)
For the record, I think AOT are very good indeed though, with Goldcup's background, I would recommend a 1 on 1 prep session rather than the weekend course. Costs about the same but it concentrates more on the bits you're missing as an ex mil guy.
Eye,

Well, then I'm a twit ( thank you very much for the name calling...quite mature ) who didn't know "airline orientation training" was a company. A program involving sitting down with 5 senior captains and cabin staff to educate people in airline operating policies/concepts would seem to be a move more associated with operational concerns than getting the job in the first place.

In fact, airlines do sit one down after hiring them and explain how THAT AIRLINE wants one to do the job for which they were just hired because each company will differ somewhat. It's called Newhire Indoctrination.

Sorry I offended you ( apparently, it doesn't take much ). I stand humbly corrected.