PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - National Jet admits admits unsafe planes due to oil fumes
Old 14th Feb 2002, 16:33
sprucegoose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The most shocking aspect of this whole saga with the 146 in general and NJS in particular is that they have failed to initiate a fleet replacement of any sort in spite of a growing number of cases of illness attributed to crewing on the thing. Instead God knows how much money has been spent trying to fix a problem that cannot be fixed and letting the company spin doctores run rampant with explanations as to why all is well, always has been and always will be. Who ever gives those guys legal advice needs to be taken out the back. Though I could probably never prove this medically I have noticed a remarkable degradation in my concentration span when reading or studying. Allowing for a small percentage change due to the aging process I attribute much of this to six years of 146 flying.

It will be interesting to see the defence on this one. How can you fire someone ( make redundant) because you cannot ensure a safe work environment for them to work in? At least when it comes to being stupid these guys are consistent at every turn. They'll spend millions defending themselves and eventually settle out of court. Remember the flap/gear case in CNS?

[ 14 February 2002: Message edited by: sprucegoose ]</p>