PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAAF instructors must make way for Zimbabweans
Old 10th Feb 2006, 16:49
pointer41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been at Execujet Lanseria a while ago and the chaps there showed me a Casa 212 from Lesotho (I think), and said I should look at its condition as it arrived prior to its service. Immaculate! Nothing was dirty, shabby or such. I have heard that Botswana Defence Force is excelling in professionalism in joint exercises. So there are good stuff outside the RSA, as many can attest to. On the other hand, I also remember the SAAF exchanging instructor students before with other Air Forces. As for Zim, well, I also hope they are better than percieved, or that they carried over some of the standards of old. As for the SAAF? Well, the poor buggers giving instruction at Langebaanweg are hammered every way. I know a few of them, including "Ghwar", the OC, who is really trying to do the best job they possibly can under difficult if not impossible conditions. My hat off to them!!!
I can only hope that the Zim chaps are up to speed and have the same integrity as the chaps at the CFS, and maybe the allegations of racism at the flying school can be sunk once and for all in the eyes of the politicians.
Viewing the political pressures at other depts of state, I think the boys in blue is averting the stall for the time being. The aspect to seperate the "cream" and the "froth" has always in my eyes been: a passion to fly.
Fly well!