PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MT RANT
Thread: MT RANT
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2006, 14:55
CashMachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, I'm back. Got banned for a week for some reason, the moderators won't tell me why!
Anyway, onto the topic
The simple answer is - if you don't want to wash a vehicle when you return then ask MT for a driver as well. However, if you want the convenience of driving it yourself and not having to sit there for 4 hours making small talk with some LAC MT driver then self-drive and put up with spending 10 minutes washing the car (or take it into the local car wash and pay for the cheapest wash!).
Of course there is another issue, all the MT washes I've ever seen have a bin full of cold water that had some wash fluid added sometime in the last month, a couple of brushes with hardly any heads left and a cold water hose, so you end up with a vehicle that was dirtier than when you went in! And of course there is the H&S issue, especially in the winter months when the water on the floor freezes.
MT do issue hire cars as well, usually if you want a one way journey. These, of course, don't need cleaning when you've finished with them.
Oh, and you "highly intelligent" officers out there, remember the old addage - the Army and Navy all go into battle together, we switched on Air Force erks send you lot to do the dirty work while we go back for another cup of tea!!!!! Who's the intelligent ones then?