PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett - The silence is deafening
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2002, 11:26
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Harvey Gee and I share a common background in these matters and what he says is indeed often true. Certainly the probability of failure increases exponentially the longer it drags.

The other thing that perplexes me is the absence of a "purchase deposit". You know the thing that you put down as an earnest of your good faith and as a bit of a "goosing agent" should you try to change the rules.. .You know, "I am going to take this thing off the market on the basis it is sold and that you need time to get your financing ducks in a row and will make your "earnest endeavours" to do so or I get to keep it as compensation." routine.. .If there is none and I seem to recall that they have to give FLEW $5,000,000 if they don't complete then this is, like every thing else about this deal, back to front.

Okie. .I'll believe that when I see it happen. I'll gaurantee that there are some of the 2Marks favourite "conditions precedent" attached to that little MOU. Whats the manufacturer going to do in this environment say, "no money no announcement", when there are several thousand hectares of aircrfat parked up around the place?.. .Nah, if they complete everyone at Airbus is happy if not who will notice.. .Toulouse or any of the other manufacturers know exactly how to play that game. I've seen em fly dead set carpetbaggers there for the 'Tour de Roi' just in case the others get em and just in case they get up. It's all just part of the sales game, am I right Harvey

[ 14 February 2002: Message edited by: gaunty ]</p>