PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MT RANT
Thread: MT RANT
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2006, 07:49
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is he actually chosing which orders with which to comply?

More likely he is prioritising. Prioritising goes on all the time and at its basic level is 'not complying with orders'.

"Though shall sign the order books every month" - does this mean before you go flying on the 1st or within one month of the last time you signed them?

Historically it meant that the signature had to be there every month before you flew and of course whenever an order changed. In practise the orders were signed, read or not, but the new orders were always read at least once.

Ideally you sat down and read the orders cover-to-cover. In the MT case this would include the driving of bowsers, refuelling aircraft, towing trailers etc 'cause you signed MT orders, not MT orders for the vehicle you are to take today.

In all tasks we prioritise. "Return this F6000 to PSF by . . . " "Fly a 4-ship . . ." OK one is fun writing devastatingly funny comments that you can put on Pprune as pearls of wisdom and the other is deadly boring - flown once flown 'em all.

Just joking