PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MT RANT
Thread: MT RANT
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2006, 19:28
Climebear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tourist

The simple point of having large quantities of low ranked people in the Military pyramid is so that the menial jobs can be carried out by people they are more suited to. ie people who should have tried harder at school.
What an incredibly narrow-minded (almost bigoted) comment that shows a complete misunderstanding of the quality of airmen in the Service today. I visited the School of Recruit training last year and met airmen recruits (who will now be 'low ranked people in the Military pyramid') with degrees both at bachelor and at master levels. There are many like them serving throughout the Service. These people can hardly be described as 'people who should have tried harder at school'. I, on the other hand, was thrown out of school before obtaining any A-levels. Perhaps, I should have 'tried harder at school'; but, then again, I am doing pretty well at this officer game.

I am sure that when you were trying hard at school you learnt all about proper nouns - and how the word military isn't one of them.