PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - advice desp. needed (from jaa instructors)
Old 9th Feb 2006, 18:51
lloydsky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
advice desp. needed (from jaa instructors)

Hi all

I am a British guy with FAA SE/ ME CPL IR. Also just completed the JAA Groundschool. I only have 180 hrs (20 in multi).

I aint got much money left and with advice thin on the ground I'm not sure what to do.

I have £8000 left (plus could get into a little more debt, say £5000) but will start paying off a £26,000 loan in 1.5 years. I figure at some point I will want to do the JAA ME IR and try to get a job in UK. So really I am wondering how best to spend my money to get some hours built up and the quali's I need.

I have been thinking about going back to US to convert my CPL to JAA and getting a JAA nstructor license (lots cheaper than UK) then coming back and doing JAA ME-IR and try to get a job in UK as an instructor.

Is this a good Idea do you think? The BIG QUESTION is will I be able to find work as an instructor having not many contacts in UK and not doing much flying in UK.

(The other idea I have had is to basically go to Africa with my FAA license and look for a jog there for the next year!)

I would reall appreciate a little feedback from anyone who has been in this position or similar before

Many thanks