PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 9th Feb 2006, 13:25
janibabyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
open day

HOLA Fainbaires!!!
Well, first of all, don’t be nervous at all, coz i attended an open day 2 weeks ago, more or less, and they did not ask me any questions related to the videos they played. They were only playing those videos so you could learn a little bit more about the company and so, as well as keep you entertain while the recruiters were calling one by one of the people there presented. It was a very short interview, where they asked me why i wanted to work for them, if i was working and/or studying... etc.
Here i recommend you to wait on the line till you see it is your turn, make eye contact, greet them before sitting down, and ask for permission to do so (sit down i mean) and thank them at the end-. They will appreciate it... most of the people are not very polite... they just go there, with an angry face, don’t even say hello, and leave as if nothing... Try also to go very very well-groomed since the very first day. It also helps. Smile Smile and Smile, and be nice to people... even if you are passing all the stages, please be nice to the people who did not pass... it is always nice being comforted by sb when you are sad...
Then they make you go through more interviews, an English test and a group activity. Here, please make sure that you talk, but not in a loud and annoying way... you must offer reasonable solutions, sensible ones but WITHOUT: 1)shouting at the rest of the people, 2)keeping your pitch too high or 3)rejecting others ideas...If you do not agree, just say sth like: well... that is a good point but… don’t you think we could also do this...??? Your answers must be directed to the group, always addressed as "we", and being thought to help the people. For example, in my group, we were given a task where we had to save three people (then they cut it down to only two) from a boat. Most of the girls there were only thinking about saving them coz they were a girl and a woman, but from my point of view, you must also take into account the fact that the rest of the people who you are leaving on that boat have better chances of surviving by helping each other as a group rather than just by picking them as individuals...
The final interview is mostly about your experience with customer service.. they ask u to give examples of stressful situations... please do not lie at all, during the whole process.... people might be tempted to do so, and i think that the recruiters are very witty and they would tell... i think that one of the reasons why i got so far (it was also my first open day) was because i always told the truth and i was myself. But, obviously it is also a matter of luck i guess, and having a good day....
If you have any doubts, even if they are silly ones, please dont doubt to contact me, i will be happy to help you...
My best regards... Jani