PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAI SACKS 100's of Pilots
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2006, 07:28
Formally Known As

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair enough and I would not find too much of a problem with that as I am well aware of basic economics.

However the behavior exhibited by AAI and to which is refer too, is that the cull was not based on seniority, which I think is outrageous. A stand against that type of age discrimination would be quiet justified. If rehiring was to begin again in March and be back to almost normal a few months later, then why hit on the older guys? From where I am, it has the hallmarks of permanent downsizing.

What about the Chief pilots, what are they doing about your plight? In my day a chief pilot was exactly that, a Chief pilot, who looked after the interests and stood up for his or her fellow pilots. That seems to be out of the window now, IE., the "...I'll be first in the lifeboat sonny, as I have to direct rescue operations ashore...." attitude.

During my brief stay at AAI we were told that within 2 years they would be operating 250 B747's! Delusions of grandeur come to mind.

I am also well aware that the contract pilots have no rights at all as the contract is not worth the paper it is written on from the point of view of the employee. Never seen one was worth the paper it was written on but it is better than being unemployed.

Last edited by Formally Known As; 9th Feb 2006 at 07:42.