PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Focus Air
Thread: Focus Air
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2006, 05:44
fac747fe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the game here...

Just got signed here for PPrune. I just couldn't sit here and read things about Focus that aren't always true. As much as I tried to stay off here, I just couldn't.

For you that think our Loadmasters are abused... from all that I see, they get treated pretty good. We have been keeping one Loadmaster in Shenzhen for the majority of the time, he does have to have days off at home sometime. Because we keep one there, Loadmasters are not flying on the CES routes. Half the time we don't have a mechanic either. We keep one in Shenzhen also. We have basic maintenence in Almaty for the tech stop. Its kind of like... sometimes we carry one, sometimes we don't. I know on the Hong Kong run, the Loadmastes fly the round trip and then usually swap out in Luxembourg. Seems they fly every other flight. Our Loads have a nice queen size air mattress to sleep on, all the food they can stick down their neck.

It's not like nobody told them what the job was about when they hired on. When I worked for Kalitta, they abused their Loads and Mechanics a lot worse than Focus ever thought to. At Kalitta I watched those poor guys having to search out showers in cargo buildings after being on the plane for 7 and 8 days in a row.

If you sign up for a job, if you know the details before you come to work as to how long your time on the plane is going to be... then you can't really complain about it. Everyone hired here knew the rules, I sat in on the Load and Mechanics briefing... they knew what they signed up for.

Oh, and hey, Focus buying Polar... yea, right.

FACFE