PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 9th Feb 2006, 01:52
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jani, forstly, congrats on doing so well in your interviews. As you can see by all the posts here, that is quite an achievement! So be proud of that for starters.

Now in my opinion (note this is only my opinion) you have a good chance here; they would not have you go so far if they couldn't see your potential and good points. However, I will not lie/paint a rosy picture and say 'it will all be fine', just so you are not disappointed if in the TINY chance it does not go well... I have heard of some who progressed to finals only to be told no - however this was more due to having too many at the end and not enough places... or smal things they told to work on (just generally as we know they do not give specific feedback) and to try again - voila they get in next time around.

So please do not set yourself up to think there is a 100% chance... although having said that, I think your chances are very very good!! Hopefully this is not coming across nasty or anything, I just hope people are realistic, and see there is a slim tiny microscopic chance even at this stage... ok....? But, I am sure you will be fine, just be prepared for the worst, that way when the best happens your surprise will be even better!!! And thanks also for your kind wishes, I send mine to you also for the best of luck and the reply you are waiting for!!!

KiwiGal, thank you so much for your kind words. I really do enjoy reading here to see how everyone is going in progressing to their dreams - whether that be Ek or another airline. It's people like your friend who convinced me not to give up after the first go. There seems to be a growing list of people like him now who have had to try many times!! Just a thought: perhaps the recruiters may have thought 'he looks like a guy who finds it easy to get what he wants... maybe we should make him work for it"... a terrible generalisation I know, but perhaps the reasonging behind their earlier rejections?? EK recruitment work in mysterious ways!!!

BYMON.... who? Wha-? Huh? I think that is THE shortest post I have ever seen from you!!!

FAinbaires, ha I felt like that when i stumbled on this thread about EK... and it was MUCH shorter then!!!

Good luck with you applications, I'll try to come back here when I get a little more tiem and think about the questions that people asked...!