PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetAirways India--Compensation/working conditions
Old 8th Feb 2006, 22:21
Nevrekar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JetAirways

Not planning on bailing. I was just very curious as I have been approached by 2 contract agencies in the past month. One was Parc and another was Contractair. I have had my details with them from a time when I was furloughed and doing some contract work.

AirTran is doing quite well and I would have to really get a great offer to give up my seniority to go anywhere. I turned down Emirates last month for the very reason. I had an app with EK for almost a decade and I finally got a call--a bit late though.

I do have "previous" expat experience and have enjoyed it for the most part. Also lived in Malaysia, Nepal, Tanzania, India, Lebanon, Jordan, Kuwait. Also done some flying in Indonesia, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Ireland, and Chile.

AirTran Capt pay ranges from USD 120--152/Hr depending on longevity. It is fairly easy to get 90- 100 hrs of pay credit per month. As far as I can tell not too many contracts can offer you
12K-15K per month. Ofcourse then the taxman cometh!!