PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night Vision Goggles (NVG discussions merged)
Old 8th Feb 2006, 18:29
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The CAA is lightening up big time. The dept rep responsible for making a molehill out of a mountain in this regard is moving on - thankfully to make more mountains elsewhere
He is not being replaced (as is the the norm at the CAA lately) but others rising thru the system are much more proactive and from our industry perspective there is a definite sea of change ongoing. It is thanks to these that we have seen a major escalation in progress with NVIS.

I feel sorry for the CAA in a way - their numbers are being decimated but their tasking is, if anything being increased [Where have I seen this before?]. EASA is taking its toll and I hope, for all our benefits that it's for the better. The CAA is a shadow of its former self, leaner and more efficient maybe, but I feel they could soon be overwhelmed by these tidal waves of regulatory changes coming from Europe. A field day for the sharks and cowboys out there no doubt.
Perhaps we should introduce a whistleblowing scheme to self regulate

NVIS is to flight safety what seat belts were to cars. Over the top maybe, but true. It'll transform night ops in the police world and even more so in the HEMS world. [Though rumour has it that there is absolutely no momentum in this direction by the county Air Ambulance fraternity].

Old heliman, I've noticed you're much more active here at Pprune lately. But I'd rather the devil we know so welcome....and don't be put off, your insight is too valuable.

Last edited by Thomas coupling; 9th Feb 2006 at 22:20.