PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bored at BA, time to move on...
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2006, 12:46
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Chewy if that's how you feel about your current job I think you should definitely have a change. Whether it's BA or not, if you're unhappy why put up with all of that? I believe there could be lots of 9-5 jobs you might find interesting which could give you the social life you crave for.

I am sorry to say this, but when I joined BA it was my 3rd airline and, starting from the training course I could see the difference between those ppl who were at their 1st experience and myself/other few, who had seen it all before and maybe more than once.

They were taking it as a holiday, they ended up living together (8 of them in 2 houses) and were meeting up every night, had barbecues on days off etc.

I was soooo not part of that, not because I don't like socializing, but because at the end of the day I had other things in my life already which took priority over "having fun" with the same ppl outside work.
I knew it wouldn't last anyway, in fact I believe after a while they couldn't wait for the 6months rent contract to expire!!! At the end of the day, work is work.....and it would all be too perfect if your colleagues were also your best friends.... (because life is just that kind!!!)

I believe I have a good balance between work and friends now, and when I am on those nice trips (one out to GVA/MUC/EDI/BLQ/MRS) I really enjoy going skiing, walking, out for lunch/dinner and maybe see some concerts or films with the crew,or maybe make a fool of myself on the ice ring etc. But when I am on min. rest on a two day six sector trip and I know the next day it's a long one, I actually enjoy the time when I am on my own and I can do absolutely NOTHING without feeling guilty!!

Whatever happens, in ANY airline you'll always find those who want to get out and see things, and those who don't. Charter isn't any different. 10 days in cuba and nobody wanted to go to Havana with me, so I ended up going on my own for 2 days.They all spent 10 days getting drunk at the pool's bar. Nice!!!!!!
Again 8 days Orlando and none of the cabin crew wanted to go to Cape Canaveral, so I ended up going with Captain and FO.
Once more......8 days Cancun....not one crew who had been or who wanted to go to Chitchen Itza. That again was me and the captain.
And it was a british charter airline.

So.......think about it carefully, before you leave BA for a charter airline. It all sounds nice and fun now, but I , and like me many people, would never go back to those horrible night TFS followed by night PFO followed by night ALC, once a week, 6 months a year.

Think!!!!

Good luck whatever you decide

FBW

Last edited by flybywire; 8th Feb 2006 at 13:22.