PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bored at BA, time to move on...
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2006, 11:57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chewy,maybe this job just isn't the right one for you.If you leave BA, as someone else said earlier in the thread,it could be ''out of the frying pan into the fire''.Maybe you ought to consider going back to your previous job or trying something completely different.Flying is not everyones cup of tea for lots of different reasons.
I have to agree with you about eurofleet LHR but from a different angle.I've been flyng for well over 20 years and am not that far off 50.I'm a purser on E/F and have to say that very often on my 2 and 3 day trips I am usually the one who wants to go out for a drink/bite to eat or just a quick coffee and I really do have my work cut out for me trying to persuade any of the crew to join me.On the whole the crew I fly with these days are in their 20's and they seldom want to leave their hotel rooms(and before anyone says anything it's not me.I'm a very nice person.)I believe that the root of the problem is money.I think since the introduction of the new contract and the lower basic that goes with it I can see that the allowance element of our pay has become much more important to people on the new contract and hence their reluctance to spend too much.I can understand the rationale behind it,after all we all come to work to earn money,but why waste your time flying to some fabulous places only to spend time in a hotel room.
So yes Chewy I do agree with you to a degree but find the younger crew less likely to go out than the older crew.
I do wish you luck though and hope you make the right choice