PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A New Concept for Maintenance
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2006, 21:20
Helicopterhelp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quichemech who do you see as providing the "Extension to the CAM role" ie the part I approval holder in the future then ? The same company that does the maintenance ? Nice one, I'd love a job there .........Licence to print etc. I will point out again that I'm not aiming to slate maintenance comanies or attempt to overturn decisions made by suitably qualified staff and yes, of course I would charge for it .....As for the middle of the night, I am not pretending to offer a knight in shining armour, what i am saying is that I am more than capable of initial fault diagnosis and I will actually answer the phone and react accordingly out of hours leaving the owner to get on with their own business.
I'm sorry to say though "who also will over see or oversign your extented check A when you will have no maintenance approval from the MO." displays a fundamental misunderstanding of the whole system I am aiming to offer.
You need a check "A" for a P/T flight only, correct ?
This machine will then have to be allocated to an AOC, correct ?
In which case the service I would be offering would be covered by the AOC's CAM, correct ?
I'm sure you work for an MO by your comments and username and it is misconceptions like this and fundamental misunderstandings like these that I am going to assist the customers not getting "Nipped" by.