PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bored at BA, time to move on...
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2006, 17:10
twisted-diamonddolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chewie if you feel BA is not for you then you should leave. If your unhappy then all the money and conditions won't make any difference. I know there are lots of older crew at BA but I've never seen a crew just of oldies! And I have to say that most oldies I know can drink and party me under the table and I'm a YOUNG 37.
BUT you should consider very carefully what your leaving. Say you join Easy,bmi or virgin. Or go down the charter road think what life will be like. You say that 12 hrs is still long enough on a nightstop to party. What you fail to realise that min rest in one of these companies will be more like 10 hours, at an airport hotel far from the "action". By the time you get to the hotel you'll have done 4 sectors maybe 4 and pax if its bmi... you'll be absolutely knackered and just want your bed. If you do find some crew to party you'll probably just end up in a room party because everyone needs their allowances just to pay their rent. Cabs into town and drinks at trendy bars are definately luxury's you won't be able to afford. Thats if you get a nightstop at all.
After a few years of being with young crew and done your partying you'll probably want to get your own place maybe settle down and even have kids!!!!!! then your crappy salary and long hours might not be so attractive.
Think long and hard.
If you still want to leave consider LGW as it is a fun base and the one fleet will probably be a good mix of flying. Or try Monarch or Thomsonfly. Charter is good fun with mostly 2 sector or longhaul trips. The money is better than non- BA scheduled airlines and the crew are mostly good fun. But you'll work much harder onboard.
Sometimes I think all crew should do a couple of years with another airline before joining BA so that they appreciate it.... but remember there is no such thing as a perfect airline but BA is as good as it gets.
Don't be unhappy but don't make any rash decisions.