PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bored at BA, time to move on...
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2006, 14:51
FCOLOVER22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, i admit to paddy that i should have rephrased the "im sorry ti say so but most crew are bunch of sorry asses"...for that i apologise but...the points i made were happening in the flights i did, not all but 60% of them if i may put in in the most approximate percentage!
(not that you wanna go down that path..yawn) now thats not very nice either....but anyway everyone is entitled to believe or not in whatever they want....

paddy:'I am sure that your religious convictions would condem you for speaking in such a manner towards your fellow humans.' yes and no.....because when u see something is wrong you are allowed to voice your opinion especially when what you've said goes according to the written religious following...in my books anyway....it's not disrespect or blasphemy to talk about it or point it out...because int he end it is the doers choice...it was only my oopinion....the only thing thats isnt allowed is to judge without looking at one's self first....

Paddy, i am not going to be an hypocrite, i am honest on what i said, i am not perfect either, though i try to do my best i err as others do and if i have said something that you disagree on, i didnt mean to offend you, i only based myself on my experiences, not on others'. I am glad you have experienced otherwise but then again you like most things as other crew cause you come from the same culture...i am sorry that all my convictions make me out of place to go and mingke too long soetimes with certain crew who piss their heads out, though i admit, and im sorry for comments before, that not everyone is the same!

"But perhaps I should mention that some of the poeple I have witnessed making "asses" of themselves have been your own country folk!"

im not gonna say that my poeple are perfect, because they're not but if we gonna put it this way then the percentage of binge drinkers and people who go off their heads is higher in UK than southern europe....where we may drink too much wine while eating thout, in UK or other north European countries they Binge drink mixing all without most of the time not putting food in their mouth or just small snacks that due to saltiness bring on more drinking....

I would like to put this drinking subject aside, hope that my admittal to wrong phrasing appeases some of the offence u may have taken....but as i say its only my opinion or experiences that have contributed to those comments....

''The reason why crew seemed more cultural and less likely to go and have a few drinks in QR was simply the fear factor associated with getting caught by someone in the company with more than a beer in you! Im sure given half the chance the crew would be out enjoying themselves just as much as BA crew.''

I disagree with that in the sense that if the layover was long enough noone could say that you werent allowed to drink outstations, fear of what? nothing in black and white to say you couldnt and even if there was crew would do it anyway....i had great layovers of which i have evidence of in 6 cd's full of photos and videos and i can say i havent had that chance here because crew just wanna sit by the pool and nothing more...ok i understand some of them have been there and done it, but there is always something new, if not at least a new restaurant to go to....

"One thing I distinctly remember about QR was never seeing crew down route as they were off into their rooms with their hotplates making noodles for the duration of a 10 day KUL or 5 day KTM. "

yes this is true but who used to do that??? the Phillipino crew and some indian sub cont crew....others and those i went out with went out....i had 12 trips to ktm in a year and every trip i did something new, in kl or singapore we used to get together if notjust three or five crew and do staff, even wnet to kl once on a bus that took 6 hours.... so though some of your last statement is true it wasnt the same with all crew.....and to end this i admit also once again that it is not all BA crew also that drink and dont go out ....so i hope thats cleared what i said and i apologise if my wording offended you....or anyone else for the matter. thanks
P.S. The main thing is that in my own way i m enjoying my flying now, i always do something downroute and if nothing else go with the crew to eat something out at least and do some recreational club activities or other things...