PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bored at BA, time to move on...
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2006, 14:13
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FCO, Im sorry but when someone says comments like "im sorry ti say so but most crew are bunch of sorry asses" it really sends out alarm bells, indeed, you do not cast ALL crew off just "most"!!! This is very inappropriate! But at least you admit that this is simply your opinion down to your culture and religious convictions, so therefore it is entirely your opinion and not the opinion of most of the good poeple you work with. However, I am sure that your religious convictions (not that I really want to go down that path...yawn) would condem you for speaking in such a manner towards your fellow humans.
But perhaps I should mention that some of the poeple I have witnessed making "asses" of themselves have been your own country folk! But fortunately this is few and far between that I witness anyone doing this. Loutish behavious is not to be encouraged and I dont believe it is in ba. Like Eddy said, drinking is a very important part of not just british and irish culture but pretty much most places in the northern half of europe including the germans, dutch, belgians and scandanavians.
The reason why crew seemed more cultural and less likely to go and have a few drinks in QR was simply the fear factor associated with getting caught by someone in the company with more than a beer in you! Im sure given half the chance the crew would be out enjoying themselves just as much as BA crew.One thing I distinctly remember about QR was never seeing crew down route as they were off into their rooms with their hotplates making noodles for the duration of a 10 day KUL or 5 day KTM.