PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fed up of Poor FO's
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2006, 08:43
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a fascinating discussion to read this one!

I have very little 'big jet' experience, well to be honest, none! I am however just taking up my first job in the airline world as an 'FO' albeit for a 'legacy' outfit.

Prior to that I was working in another branch of the industry altogether as my pprune name suggests. Within that branch I have 16 years of captaincy to draw experience from including working in fields of aviation where 'thinking outside the box' was critically essential to the safe outcome of the job.

Although I know that this does not fall into the 'low houred FO' bracket I am still badged and dressed in exactly the same uniform as them and therefore approached with the same caution by my bretheren in the LHS.

My point is that I have met and trained with some excellent, open and willing to learn SEP and Cadet pilots who approach their training with a positive attitude. They, and I, sit in the RHS and think 'what can we learn today'.

Experience is earned and can never be replaced. There does exist, still, the type of person who, in the highly regimented airline world, can learn, flourish and progress without the need for the 1000's of hours on type.

There are all types of people in the industry just the same as in the city, some you get on with and some you don't.

Still the seats more comfy and it's a damn sight easier than my old job

Last edited by wobble2plank; 7th Feb 2006 at 10:31.