PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bored at BA, time to move on...
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2006, 21:14
ChewyTheWookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am absolutely astounded by some peoples reactions and general manner here. Some of you sound jealous and some of you just sound like total prats.

Who said anything about ageism? I, like most crew my age, enjoy spending time with people who I have something in common with. It just happens that I have more in common with younger crew. I'm sure that given the choice a 40 year old married mother would prefer working with another mother of a similar age than someone who is half their age and has a passion for cars and music. There is nothing wrong with that, it certainly isn't prejudice.

Think of it this way. When I go out for a night I tend to go to a trendy bar with music and then on to a nightclub, as do a lot of other younger people. I don't tend to go to traditional pubs, not because I have anything against the people in them, but it's just not my scene. BA does not seem to be my scene.

If ageism exists within BA it is certainly the other way round. There are more older crew who dislike working with younger, newer and more enthusiastic people.