PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why different ATPL standards?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2006, 16:31
zakpeegoodus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“I don't see your point.”
I was not making a point, I was asking a question.
“Are you complaining that you weren't "put through the mill" enough or showing off because you memorized the 1,000 questions in the bank?”
I am glad I was not put through the mill. I generally struggle academically. I’m not complaining about it, I just was asking why the difference…
“You do not say whether you actually went to the US and did the actual flight test as well or just did the written test in OZ.”
I did both the FAA ATP written and the flight test in the USA. The whole process took 5 day. To obtain the equivalent European license I believe it would take around 6 months?
-Now you must admit that the FAA ATP theory is hell of a lot easier to get than the JAA theory – one exam compared to 14…
I was just wondering why there is this big difference in obtain a license that allows you to do the same thing – be it in different countries…
“airlines will expect at least a couple of thousand hours and a 4 year college degree before they will interview. As a result, many potential airline pilots will take their degree in Aeronautical Sciences while attending flight school.”
If that is so, it may go part way to explaining it.
Thanks.