PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afrikaans Professional Pilot
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2006, 11:36
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Claw
I would much rather be stacking empty Castles Cans with you than continuing to explain what I think is the problem......
We agree on Suspended, lets leave it like that. Banned, means no PMs, threads disappear etc......BTDT
Also, Yes, Afrikaans is an African Language, I dont see many sites that use Xosha or Zulu, albeit a few of you guys speak it fluently.. Yes, I understand not as many frequent this site as do those speaking Afrikaans. Obviously to me the use of Afrikaans soley , was meant to exclude all non speakers. That does not bother me as its probably a subject which I have not any interest. I can only assume that the Owners thought that since nobody knows, by their rules and the rules YOU agreed too when registering, they can say stop.
***Consider this, instead of moaning about the situation why dont you try working with the owners and see what can be done to allow Afrikaans in some fashion. I certainly dont have the answer, but Im sure there is some mutual ground.**** The Campfire, as I understand it, was to take NON Aviation threads and put them into a site that still pertained in some fashion to Africa.
Sasless, dissing the Taliban/"Mid-Easterner" types here offends the ********** that frequent this site. They whine as if I were doing cartoons of whats his name and of course the Towers in their non offensive mode will slap your hands..
Back to square one, like it or leave.....