PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hardware recommendations
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2006, 10:56
Ausatco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day Two Dogs!

I'm not sure where "in front of my computer" is for you these days, but can you get to an Aldi store? www.aldi.com or www.aldi.com.au

Here in Oz (and, one presumes, elsewhere in the world where they proliferate) their electronic specials are fabulous. In computers (brand name MEDION) they seem to be able to deliver to the average user well above what the average user wants for about 2/3 what the average user is prepared to pay elsewhere for an average system. They may be just behind leading edge in processors, but other specs and bundled software create an absolute bargain for anyone but those requiring the ultimate in everything in a name brand - at 2/3 the price.

If you're who I think you are and back with the same employer as I am, you can salary sacrifice a laptop that's as good as or better specced than many desktops, meaning you get it, after Aldi deal and sal-sac tax advantages, at about 50% of the cost of a regular name-brand equivalent but with much more software.

Even if you want a desktop (which you can't salary sacrifice with my/our employer) no-one else comes close in quality/performance/value for money, IMO.

I have 4 Aldi computers

PM me if you like.

AA