PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New carrier to take to our skies?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2006, 09:57
Howard Hughes
Sprucegoose

Location: Hughes Point, where life is great! Was also resident on page 13, but now I'm lost in Cyberspace....
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by missy
Lessons to be learnt from Ozjet's start-up could include their pricing policy.
Start the prices low and incrementally increase the price until such time as the market is no longer prepared to pay that price. So if I was running an airline focusing on the MEL-PER SYD-PER markets I'd start low, so low that everyone would want a seat and then step it up.
Say $100 per seat one way for the first month, $150 per seat one way for the second month, etc. for economy and 50% surcharge for business class, eiher payable at the time of purchase or on check-in (subject to availability).
Any start-up will loose money during the initial period so better to have a full aircraft rather than a half empty aircraft. Build the passenger base through repeat business by providing something of a bargain. People like bargains and will support someone who provides value for money and will book again if they have a good experience. In fact, why not offer a discount if someone books a flight as they are waiting to pick up their luggage.
I think you should employ Missy quickly, before she gets snapped up by another LCC!! They are some really innovative ideas Missy.