PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAAF instructors must make way for Zimbabweans
Old 6th Feb 2006, 06:35
Sir Cumference

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As much as I would like to make a positive comment, it simply is not possible! I cannot imagine how sidelined the current SAAF instructors feel. Just where is the SAAF going??!

We have numerous government sponsored programs in the country at the moment, Proudly South African springs to mind. This is supposed to band the citizens together to support the SA manufacturers and keep the foreigners out! So why does the same not apply in this case???

The suggestion above that there are many civilian instructors that would be able to assist is very valid. I do know that the SAAF jealously guards its standards claiming that it has much higher standards than the civilian sector. In certain aspects, that may be so, but to bring in the Zimbabwean Air Force instructors and give them preference over the resident SAAF guys is outrageous!

Without any effort at all, I can think of quite a few names of ex-SAAF instructors, currently in the civil sector who could consider a call to assist. These are senior aviators who have a wealth of knowledge and more than adequate standards. The only downside, pale males!!

I am proudly South African and this decision is a slap in the face!

SC